Sunday, April 12, 2015

Harry Potter Party - Goody Bags

After deciding to forgo our plans of a small birthday celebration and instead throw the best Harry Potter themed birthday party EVER I needed to get started on the planning.

And where does one get the help it needs to throw the best party EVER? To Pinterest of course...and I was not disappointed. I found so many great party ideas I was overwhelmed with choices.

To help clear things up I decided to focus on one party element - the goody bags - and head out shopping to see what supplies I could actually find and use.

First stop was Michael's and I was in luck...I found these awesome little bottles on sale for $0.50 each. Perfect little potion bottles.  An online search for "Harry Potter Potion Bottle Labels" helped me find this awesome free printable from Chica and Jo.  Thanks ladies!


I printed them on a full label sheet and cut them to fit on the bottles. Then I put my girls to work attaching the labels. Most of them went on straight...and I think the finished product turned out great.
 


 


After my shopping trip turned up nothing else that really tickled my fancy I turned to Amazon and found exactly what I needed.

Wizard Glasses...obviously:


And these awesome little broomstick pens:



Then there was the matter of the candy. There are so many great candy items in the books that we had to shorten the list considerably. Originally we thought about having a candy table where all the kids could fill up bags with candy but decided that could get a little crazy.

So instead I created labels for each type of candy and we bagged them up and labeled them separately. The types of candies were determined by what our local dollar store had in stock.

You can order real Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans online...we did that for Christmas a few years ago. But I didn't really want to incur that expense for just one element of the goody bags. They aren't cheap.







You can download the lables for free:

Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans
Sour Spiders
Acid Worms
Ton Tongue Toffees
Drooble's Best Blowing Gum

They are sized at 2" wide x 4" tall and I just folded them in half and stapled them to the bags of candy. Easy peasy...

Here are the finished goody bags:



I bought labels to help seal the bags shut and will have the girls write the names of their friends on them.

5 days until party day...yikes!




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis